- Math 4-8
- Technology Applications K-12
- SpEd K-12
- EC Pre-K - 8
- BSHE - Stephen F. Austin University, TX
- Ed. Certification Northeastern State University, OK
- MS Ed Leadership - Sam Houston State University, TX
- Principal Certification - Stephen F. Austin University, TX
- Cumberland Academy Middle School 2015 - 2018
- Trinity Valley Community College 2011 - 2015
- Mabank ISD 1998 - 2015
- Kemp ISD 1995-1998
I have been married to my sweetheart for many years and we have 2 adult children with families of their own. My faith and family are the best parts of my life, and I get to be Nanna to 9 precious children, ages 11 to an infant. Some of them live in Tyler and some in Oklahoma. I've lived in Texas most of my life, with a 5 year sojourn to Oklahoma.
I have really high expectations for my students. I believe they can and will work hard. I believe everyone can learn Math and we know that making mistakes is part of the learning process. I recently completed a course from Stanford University and learned that when we make mistakes, our brains grow. We learn more when we discuss our thinking, so my students should be talking about Math a lot.
I love Cumberland Academy! We have the opportunity to do amazing things here. Get ready, here we grow!